My Blog List

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Hostile Witness by Rebecca Forster A Josie Bates Thriller

Hostile Witness (Witness Series, #1)


It was a case hitting headlines in California. 16 year old Hannah is indicted for the murder of her step grand father the very highly respected, regarded Chief Justice of the California Supreme Court.  The murder seemed an open and shut case and the odds were stacked heavily against Hannah.

Josie Bates brought in by Hannah's mother for her defence seemed quite alone. The step father was staying away from both Hannah and the publicity as he himself was seeking appointment as the next Chief Justice. He did not want the taint of murder on his hands. Hannah herself seemed a little removed from the whole proceedings and it was puzzling what exactly her views were. Coupled with Hannah's obsessive behaviour things were not looking very bright for Hannah but Josie was not going to give up.

The storyline and plot of this book was a very good one. It is a scenario that has been replicated and one that will always hit headlines, A step daughter behind the murder of family but the impact of the story was not followed through.

I did not figure who actually did it till the very end so I am in the minority here! Most readers seemed to have figured it well before I did.

On a non blogging note, I returned to Sri Lanka unexpectedly as my husband fell ill and was hospitalized. Things seem to go haywire when I am not here and I think my travelling for anything more than a week are done! That puts paid to visiting the children and grandchildren but first things first right now. Cleaning up right now before going into hospital!

4 comments:

  1. I hope all works out well with your husband Mystica. I haven't heard of this book before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this book on my Kindle. Eventually I will get a chance to read it.

    I hope everything works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, I hope your husband is back to normal quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everything with your husband is okay, Mystica. So sorry about your trip being cut short.

    (I like the sound of this book!)

    ReplyDelete