My Blog List

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

FIRST CHAPTER FIRST PARAGRAPH TUESDAY INTROS!



Hosted by Bibliophile by the Sea every Tuesday. Coming to this meme a bit late but better late than
never.


Prudence declared that my first destination should be a western country where I could speak the language and most easily earn my backpacker stripes. Canada was an appealing option, so Vancouver became the initial destination on my round-the-world ticket. I boarded the plane exhausted from the frantic weeks of preparation, happy to have hours of inactivity ahead of me



This is the opening paragraph from the book Point of Departure by Pamela Hardy. At the age of 51 the author takes the step of leaving her world behind and going on a backpacking trip throughout the world.

I think all of us think of doing something like this at sometime in our lives. Very few do!




2 comments:

  1. This excellent beginning has drawn me in! Vancouver would be a beautiful starting point for such a journey.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to read a bit more to decide. I do love Vancouver.

    ReplyDelete