My Blog List

Monday, March 26, 2012

Mailbox Monday/It's Monday - What are you Reading?



Mailbox Monday is hosted by Diary of an Eccentric. Thank you for hosting Anna.


It's Monday What Are You Reading hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

Two books which came into my house this week. One is a  book where I went out of my usual reading comfort zone. Completely out of it and I think I am going to like it!


From the author of several best sellers - The Double Bind, Skeletons at the Feast and Secrets of Eden come this one.  Creepy and fascinating.



As an apology to Gabaldon fans - I couldn't remember the book I had picked up last week which featured in my Mailbox. This was the one and I am waiting to get to it.




I have fallen way behind on reviews since I am now in Colombo for just two or a maximum of three days a week. I have no internet connections in Rozella (though I am working on it). First to get a phone connection!

Reading is going on apace and this I thoroughly enjoy as I am able to read as much as I like as there is nothing else to do. There is a lot of cricket these days (the West Indies Australia matches have proved to be time and time again cliff hangers). Right now we have England touring Sri Lanka (matches starting today) and the men in blue (India) will always be playing somewhere and you can count on them for excitement and controversy.

On the sewing front things are also looking good. Finished a baby quilt - only the binding to be done. It should go soon to the baby who is already two months old!

20 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great reading week! Here's my link: http://writingchristiannovels.blogspot.com/2012/03/hosted-by-book-journey-here-is-what-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mystica, reading and cricket? I vote reading! I stopped following cricket because of the sheer inconsistency of Indian cricket — win one, lose two, maybe more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bohjalian is one of my favorite authors, and this book was good, but not a favorite -- different from his others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Night Strangers sounds fantastic! My book discussion group read one of his books in January and we all liked it so I've been wanting to try more. I look forward to your review of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you love it when a book outside of your comfort zone wows you? Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Mystica,
    Could you please forward your mailing address, as you are one of my GIVEAWAY winners!
    xoxo,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mystica, sounds like you're a cricket fan! But isn't cricket really slow? Can't you do both (watching and reading) at the same time? :-)

    How nice you made a baby quilt. I always envy people who make beautiful things themselves.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Switched has a beautiful cover! Enjoy all your new reads.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've only read Outlander by Gabaldon. I have Drums of Autumn but not sure when I'll get to it. I'll watch for your review! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read any Gabaldon. She's on the Maybe Someday list.
    Switched looks incredible.

    I found some goodies this week that you might enjoy: My Mailbox. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so great that you found a gem of a book outside your comfort zone! I just got The Night Strangers too, but as an audiobook - it's going to be a little while before I get to it, but I'm excited about reading it as I've heard so many good things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These all look very enticing! Thanks for sharing, and here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just got The Night Strangers recently, too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A nice selection of reads, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/mailbox-monday_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list of books. Enjoy them!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you enjoy Drums of Autumn when you get to it :) I liked Switched when I read it a bit ago.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like all three of your books. I have a copy of Switched but haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Switched has my interest too! Have a great week of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you enjoy both books Mystica! Between cricket and reading - reading wins no contest!


    Sorry I am a bit late stopping by this week, I've been swamped!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  20. I seem to see The Night Strangers on so many people's reading lists - sounds riveting - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete