My Blog List

Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Sufficient Encouragement (A Pride & Prejudice variation by Rose Fairbanks

 Late in my reviews and lots of catching up on the reading side as well. I was on holiday with friends to Amritsar, Dharamsala, Chandigarh and New Delhi where the air pollution got us eventually. All returned home with coughs and sniffles.

The book was delightful. It carried out the Darcy Elizabeth love story which is always not straightforward as against the Jane and Bingley love story milder and falling in line. There was a surprising love story for Caroline Bingley, completely in opposition to the haughty, arrogant miss she is usually portrayed. Comes across as a normal person who has feelings and even though her choice was not conventional, she does go for it.

The story was very nicely descriptive and was the ideal holiday read.

A download from Amazon.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon, Mystica. I looked on Amazon for this book but couldn't find it. Sounds like a nice diversion.
    Mary @Bookfan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds interesting and I like that the author decided to humanize Caroline Bingley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun. I do enjoy a good P&P retelling.

    ReplyDelete