My Blog List

Thursday, May 25, 2023

The Guest House by the Sea by Faith Hogan

This is one of those stories where your faith in humanity can be restored. Where one feels there is still innate goodness in all of us- even the slightly cynical hardened beings found in modern society. We have the guest house in idyllic surroundings in summer (closed during winter not so idyllic) then the old owner presently incapacitated, thefaithful retainer more family than anyone else and then the habitual returnees to the guest house. This time around for most of them its a bolt hole from the pressures or problems of life. They want think through solutions in a quiet place. The haven is quite busy though and everyone finds something to occupy them, apart from their own issues. The influence that one has on another helps one to see things clearly and all of them are much more clear headed than when they started. A lovely read. Sent by Aria & Aries for an unbiased review, courtesy of Netgalley.

2 comments:

  1. I like to have my faith in humanity restored when I read. It's all too easy these to days to have my faith shaken. Thank you for sharing this story with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mystica - this sounds like the kind of story I need. How have you been? I'm sure I've missed plenty on your blog these last months but, I can see again - Thank Goodness . I finally did a blog post with an update and some summer picks; have a good summer.https://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2023/05/its-been-while-bit-of-life-and-books.html

    ReplyDelete