My Blog List

Monday, November 15, 2021

Stalker Stalked by Lee Mathew Goldberg

I did expect something different from the story, and maybe that was why I found it hard going though I did finish the book. Lexi is a character that I found it hard to like. Pill popping, alcoholic who is addicted to reality TV. Fixated on a particular character, wanting to be part of the inner circle and determined to get there and frustrated beyond belief when she is determinedly left out. The influencers on this show are a very tightly knit circle, they don't want newcomers barging in. Lexi is not helped by the fact that she had a horribly abusive childhood. Her relationships have fizzled out due to her excessive neediness apart from the fact that she herself stalks her partners mainly due to her insecurities. This was a tough book to read, but I think realistic as well as it depicts exactly how insecure, spaced out people may behave. Sent by All Due Respect for an unbiased review, courtesy of Netgalley.

2 comments:

  1. I've liked several of Lee Goldberg's books about Detective Eve Ronin, but this appears to be a standalone. Influencers are a strange phenomenon, aren't they? I was thinking about it the other day--how it becomes a job and pushing products is usually at the heart of it. I have trouble with characters like Lexi and might pass on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your review mentions that the book features two of my most hated phenomena - reality tv and influencers. So, no, thank you to this one. Kudos to you for sticking with it to the end.

    ReplyDelete