My Blog List

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Murder at the Met by E W Cooper

November 1928 and Penelope Harris is in the thick of it. Another murder and she would like to be anywhere but here. She would really prefer to be with Thom Lund all the time but murder seems to follow Penelope wherever she goes, and this happens at the opera, not just one but two murders in the presence of a couple of hundred people. Lund is investigating a suicide, which hints more and more to murder which is being covered up very well. The two murders at the opera are also in the process of being "cleaned" up as the family do not want to be associated with murder (father and daughter murdered at the same time) not something to be lived down and that is what the violent Violet mother and wife wants done. So far she has been successful in controlling her family to behave just the way she wants, but this time around she is facing something not quite within her control. The book has to be read slowly because there are multiple characters all very relevant to the story, and all with their differing points of view, motives and reasons for being part of the story. It could get confusing if you try to rush through the book. The characters were very well placed and the setting was descriptive. Sent by Ink Dog Press for an unbiased review, courtesy of Netgalley.

7 comments:

  1. Interesting storyline but, I don't do too well with too many POVs so think I would pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a story with lots of different points of view. I'd have to read this one slowly too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds interesting, especially with the multiple points of view. I especially love the that the heroine's name is Penelope - that is my daughter's name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a book to read when I can give it my full attention and take my time to read so I don't miss something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an interesting plot and interesting characters. I like different points of view but I also get confused easily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure I'd want to hang out with someone like Penelope if murder follows her wherever she goes. ;D

    ReplyDelete