My Blog List

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Murder at Queen's Landing by Andrea Penrose

I have been on a Regency England sprint here in reading and enjoying so many aspects of it. Lady Cordelia and her brother just disappear overnight amongst rumours of treachery and questions over money. At the same time a murder of a shipping clerk near the docks seems just another random murder. How these two can get connected and lead to suspicion on one of the biggest companies of the time - one whose downfall would lead to the downfall of the British economy as well is this story. Charlotte and Wrexford have to go behind the scenes using their positions of authority amongst the aristocracy to find out information on the East India Company, information which will not be available to the Bow Street runners and those in charge of murder investigations. Investigations against the aristocracy are hushed up and swept under the carpet and Charlotte and Wrexford must do the best they can to clear Cordelia and her brother's names if justice is to be served. Adding a further dimension is the relationship building between Charlotte and Lord Wrexford (which bodes well for the next story that I hope will follow). Sent by Kensington Books for an unbiased review, courtesy of Netgalley.

4 comments:

  1. I love historical mysteries of this era. Seems to be many at the moment. I'll look for this title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to read this author. I love the sound of her mysteries, and this one sounds good as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed this series, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of this and have heard great things about this author. It doesn't hurt that this is one of my favorite time periods!

    ReplyDelete