My Blog List

Friday, July 24, 2020

Never Look Back by Mary Burton






Agent Melina Shepard is not without courage and sheer brass. A number of women have gone missing with no trace whatsoever. The pick up area is known and when a full search of missing women are done, it seems the number is quite high. No remains have been found either. Melina goes undercover alone without support to try to nab the Killer.


One chance encounter with the killer gives clues which no one can do. She is the only survivor. Along with an officer from Quantico both of them try to unravel the mystery of the missing women and uncover a story which reads stranger than fiction. And very close to home. Pieces of Melina's own past get uncovered as a result as the story unfolds and it is very much a story of Melina and her past as well as the gruesome killer's rampage. Finally it is not one killer but two that have to be uncovered.


Melina is our main character but Jerrod and others in turn play their part in this fast paced thriller. The build up was quick and the reader was always left wanting to know what the next stage was.
My first read of this author and I will be looking out for more in the future.


Sent by Montlake Romance for an unbiased review, courtesy of Netgalley.



3 comments:

  1. Curious about this one. It seems odd that a publisher with "romance" in their name might publish a thriller like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an exciting book. Thanks for visiting my blog. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always enjoyed books by this author. I haven't read one in awhile, but this really sounds good. I'll have to add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete