My Blog List

Saturday, May 26, 2018

The Girl with no Name by Lisa Regan

The Girl With No Name: Absolutely gripping mystery and suspense (Detective Josie Quinn Book 2) by [Regan, Lisa]


This is the second book in the series of Josie Quinn Police Chief of this small town and maybe I should have read the first one, though after a couple of chapters it did not detract from this story.

Josie has faced problems in the past. Her husband, now dead. Now Josie is confronted with a missing fiancee (who has been over the last few weeks been totally distracted), a missing baby, a dancer at a strip club badly beaten with connections to Josie's fiancee and a girl wearing her fiancee's clothes caught fleeing a scene of a crime with total memory class, pretend or otherwise.

Every link or lead does not necessarily lead to the next lead and with pressure to solve the crimes, especially when the bodies start piling up and with the Mayor's husband being an active suspect, Josie is also in danger of losing her job even before she solves the case, finds her missing fiancee Luke and sort out her own personal problems.

Very slick, quick paced, and descriptive this had all the key elements for a good mystery murder.

Sent to me by Netgalley for an unbiased review, courtesy of Bookouuture. 

4 comments:

  1. I like that you thought it was quick paced; not a fan of the sloggers. I'm not familiar with this series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the kind of fast paced book I need these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this series before (that I can remember) but it sounds interesting. I'm a fan of quick paced books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Add my voice to the vote for quick pace. If that's so I'll add the title to my TBR list. Thanks for telling us about it!

    ReplyDelete