My Blog List

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

One Perfect Lie by Lisa Scottoline



The story was full of suspense from the first page till the end. Right at the beginning I really thought that Chris was one of the "bad guys". The scheming, the lying, the deceitfulness had me thinking in just the opposite direction to which the story eventually went.

That is the cleverness of this author. She takes you in one direction and then jerks you back again in another. Very nicely done!!!

The story of espionage and eventually terrorism in a small town, which to all appearances is peaceful and very quiet is indicative of the times we live in and very much part of today's world.

An author whose books once you start you can't put down!

Sent to me by St. Martin's Press courtesy of Netgalley for an unbiased review.

7 comments:

  1. I love books that keep you on the edge of your seat like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I read one ages ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try her at some point and this one sounds interesting although not the terrorism, hate that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like a wonderful read indeed, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy this author. I am going to add it to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never read this author (though I've heard of her off and on over the years), but this sounds like something I might like. I'm adding it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oo this sounds really good!!! I am adding it to the TBR!

    ReplyDelete