My Blog List

Saturday, May 6, 2017

The Roanoke Girls by Amy Engel



Oh this was dark! very dark and it made you sit a bit on the edge of your seat throughout the read!

Very much in your face with the facts, nothing was quite hidden here despite the Southern charm.
Like all families, this one had its secret a very twisted one and one that had seeped through three generations of women. You didn't have to like this book you just had to know how it was going to end and the ending was a closure of sorts. I doubt you'd get closure with a subject like this but this is as far as it was going to go.

Very well told, strong characterization and plot this was a good book though the subject matter was distasteful. distressing even.

Sent to me by Netgalley for an unbiased review, courtesy of Hodder & Stoughton.

4 comments:

  1. Your thoughts about this book are in line with many of my Goodreads friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, this sounds right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! This might be too intense for me but it does sound interesting!!!

    ReplyDelete