My Blog List

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Things Unsaid by Diana Y Paul




A family story of some not very nice characters. What I liked was that this was a no frills, no niceties in the relationships story! The mother was manipulative, nasty, judgemental and flirtatious! She had favourites and did not hesitate to play one against the other. She knew how to manipulate the one who was her least favourite to get what she wanted.

All this only led to stress within each family unit of each sibling and you knew that this was not going to end well for Jules especially. Each sibling had their share of woes and it was made much worse by their mother. Though the book was full of negative feelings, I couldn't put it down as it was very compelling reading.  You could easily identify the situations that came up within the family and characteristics of each person as very common in the world we live in and this is what made it very good reading.

Sent to me by She Writes Press via Netgalley.

6 comments:

  1. This does sound like one of those stories that is very readable even if the characters are seriously flawed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm, not sure if it's for me but I'm glad you found it compelling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm sounds like really real life dysfunctional family. Have to say I am kinda drawn to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy to see a review, just added to TBR today. I can't wait to read this, I may be disgusted with the characters but unfortunately it seems to be very true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think this would be for me. But - Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Mystica, for reviewing my debut novel, Things Unsaid!

    ReplyDelete