My Blog List

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Beautiful Animals by Lawrence Osborne


Beautiful Animals



This was a disturbing read for me. Set in exquisite countryside of Hydra and its surroundings it throws up a story of real bitterness amongst a family, then indifference and this was more galling than the bitterness. On top of it all how one young woman can influence another through sheer peer pressure, dragging her into a crime and its subsequent cover up was strange, disturbing and brought to me the fact that I do not quite get human nature as yet, despite being old!

This was a dark read which left me unsettled. It is all too real of course and not a fantasy. Telling more would be spoilers.

Sent to me by Netgalley for an unbiased review courtesy of Random House UK Vintage Publishing. 

4 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, I think young people do influence each other that way. Even though this was disturbing, it sounds like it was worth reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I'll take a pass on this but it sounds like the writing was good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting, but I don't think it's for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked this one but, I agree it was very unsettling at times.

    ReplyDelete