My Blog List

Saturday, November 18, 2017

The Secrets of Married Women by Carol Mason









A book full of twists and turns in three very ordinary marriages and the cliche is very right. No one actually knows what goes on in a marriage.

Three friends Wendy, Jill and Leigh. Friends for a long while. All married with families except Jill who has no children. Each one with a career (of sorts) and life seems to be fine. Cracks appear with one - infidelity but Leigh is determined to keep it to a fling and nothing else. Six weeks, and then it becomes the length of summer and then she is out and back to Lawrence and Molly. The heart does not work quite like that and Leigh becomes besotted. She cannot cut the tie and in not doing so involves her friends as well.

Wendy seems staid and set in her ways. Husband and two young boys. Jill and Rob - the sad fact of not having children has created such a rift in their marriage. The elephant in the room which cannot be spoken about or discussed at least by Rob. Ignoring the issue and being careless of his feelings have left Jill very vulnerable. This leads to a crisis in her marriage.

More would be spoilers!

Friendship taxed beyond endurance, revenge, maliciousness, despair, unrequited love all strands of the story or rather stories here. Very commonplace tales, meticulously told and things that happen to all.

A very good book which was a relief from me from my diet of continuous murders and very gory happenings.

Sent to me by Netgalley, courtesy of 

8 comments:

  1. I'm not usually drawn to books like this, Mystica, but this one intrigues me a bit. I think maybe I'll add it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds wonderful. I'm going to add it to my wishlist. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has me very curious now; thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always good to change up the genres! Oh dear thought it does sound like each marriage has big challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does sound good, and I agree you never know what goes on behind closed doors.

    ReplyDelete