My Blog List

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Hello Sunshine by Laura Dave



Sunshine, yes Sunshine (sister of Rain) I know I know, is having a dream spell. Guru on a you tube cooking channel, looked upto by millions as the authority on how to improve your life, let alone your cooking skills, is now headed for a fall.

Unveiled as a fraud and overnight losing her top spot, her support base, her friends, her home and most ignominiously her husband she has no option but to go where she said she will never go back.  Home to a sister who dislikes her and wants her nowhere near her daughter Sammy. Home is not the same, it has been sold in the meantime and her sister remains bitter and antagonistic towards Sunshine.

Sunshine is literally an epitome of her name. She believes very sincerely, that with just a few flips she can turn her life around and get back to what she was - or at least close. It is a steep learning curve when she realises the public are fickle, her friends are out to take over the space left by her and move on and upwards. This goes for her husband too.

This was a good read for family situations which go tragically wrong due to circumstances beyond anyone's control, the policy of you telling one lie to cover another and independent women who are now stretched to their ultimate.

Sent to me by Netgalley for an unbiased review, courtesy of Simon & Schuster.

4 comments:

  1. I read something else by her that I liked a lot so I'm not surprised this is good. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the sound of it so will put it on my TBR. I've not read this author so could start here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is on my TBR list as I've enjoyed other books by this author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mystica, the story sounds interesting though somewhat mimicking real life. It'd be interesting to read how Sunshine and Rain deal with their situation, and how Sunshine comes to terms with her fall from grace.

    ReplyDelete