My Blog List

Thursday, February 23, 2017

the kept woman by Karin Slaughter



Involving cops - present and past, good and bad you knew that this was going to be a thriller to beat all thrillers the moment the first paragraph was read.


Finding a cops body in a neglected warehouse was bad enough. The fact that the owner of the said warehouse had gone head to head in very recent cases and come out smelling like roses was not going to make our cops happy. Having to deal with powerful businesses who dealt with the cops as if they were trash was not easy either. For Will Trent having to deal with this case, specially knowing that his wife , herself an ex copy was involved in it upto her eyeballs was going to make this case the most painful one of his career.

Add to the mix his present partner, also in the forces - the medical examiner in this case and you know that so many strands woven together could either make or break the story. The fact that there were so many loose ends, so many different stories, different characters all complicated but that they worked seamlessly together to bring about a chilling story of mystery and murder, big time football
big time crime and held the reader spellbound, speaks to the cleverness and adroitness of its author.

Loved the story, loved the writing.

Sent to me by Netgalley for an unbiased review, courtesy of Random House UK, Cornerstone.














6 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like one to keep the reader guessing! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to one of her books and didn't love it because the narrator had a terrible fake accent and mispronounced several words. I need to try another one of her books because everyone loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karin Slaughter is on my list but I still haven't got to one. I am unsure which one I should start with but this is getting good reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you liked this one. I am new to this author and look forward to reading the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is a popular thriller writer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never read anything by Karin Slaughter, but I know so many readers love her. I'm glad you enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete