My Blog List

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion

The Rosie Project

This charmingly quirky read kept me on the go from the first page onwards. Don Tillman Professor of Genetics if blindingly clever and can solve a mathematics problem in seconds, sort the probability of everything and anything also in seconds but the normal communication of day to day life has him blundering about like the proverbial bull in a china shop.

He and his wife Rosie are expecting their first child and the project is to see whether he could love the child as his own without preconceived scientific notions of what is right, wrong etc etc. To this end he scopes and searches for data on what should be done, what shouldn't be done and ends up in escapades which are not funny, rather serious and luckily for him those who have to judge him, realise that he is totally innocent of all wrong doing.

Rosie is the antithesis of what Don wanted in a wife. He had definite ideas of what shouldn't be and he got exactly all the nays! Don displays some of the symptoms  of Asperger's but it is never specifically mentioned in the book, though he does agree to a lecture on Asperger.

I loved the quirky character of Don, beautifully balanced by Rosie and was rooting for them to live happily ever after.

So glad I got this, sent to me by my friend K.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this one as well. Loved the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the first one better but have to say this one was enjoyed too. I wonder what his latest book is like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to reading this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked The Rosie Effect but The Rosie Project was my favorite. I heard it was being turned into a movie. I'm sure the movie won't be as good as the books but oh, well. Maybe it'll encourage more people to pick up the books! Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete