My Blog List

Monday, August 15, 2016

The Highland Lass by Rosemary Gemmell




Eiludh is back in Scotland after the death of her mother, trying to unravel the mystery of her birth and who her father might be.

Told as two separate stories linked by history in two different time frames the story of Eiludh and her mother against the backdrop of older and newer Scotland was an interesting read. The problems that any one faces coming back to an environment after twenty odd years is always myriad. Eiludh was only born in Scotland but was brought up in America and she has to adapt to Scottish ways as  a young woman and this was very well told.

The setting was picturesque and descriptive and I did enjoy the read.

Sent to me by Netgalley courtesy of




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this new-to=me book and author. I am going to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like the sort of book I would enjoy - I like these type of split stories, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good Mystica and any book set in Scotland I always just about enjoy!

    ReplyDelete