My Blog List

Friday, February 5, 2016

Pop Goes the Weasel by M J Arlidge



I didn't know this was one of a series and since I got to Book No. 2 I must go look for the rest.

DI Helen is in disgrace with her superiors over her handling of a case. It ended badly and even her colleagues are uneasy with her. Helen knows the next case will make or break her and the next one is a horror alright!

Seemingly random men are being picked off by a prostitute dismembered, their hearts cut out and worst of all sent to their families or to their office. The feeling in the town is one of unease and pressure is on to solve the case as soon as possible.

Helen makes an ideal character for a series. She can sustain the story in more cases and this is something I am going to look forward to. Like Inspector Lynley her character is forceful and unique and I think this will make it a success.

The violence and general gory is part of the story and how it eventually wraps up is cleverly done.

The book was sent to me by Netgalley courtesy of Penguin Group  Berkeley.

5 comments:

  1. I have this series on my list, I had seen this one around. My next read may be Book 1 actually, Eeny Meeny. Sounds like an exciting series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my that is one mean killer. Like it when there is a strong female lead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've steered clear of this author because of the gore but everyone's reviews are complimentary so perhaps I should revise my opinion?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must have been good if you want to look for the rest of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only imagine that it must be a bit gory with those sorts of homicides - maybe not one for the sensitive reader, but for the rest of us, maybe not so bad? There must be a good story behind it if you want to get the rest of the series :) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete