My Blog List

Sunday, November 1, 2015

The Paris Key by Juliet Blackwell

The Paris Key

I like stories set in two time lines, two characters, two cities. This ticked all the boxes. Alternately the story of Angela (mother) and Genevieve (daughter) set in America and Paris and in two distinct time frames made for a evocative, emotional, beautiful story.

On the death of her mother and uncle, Genevieve returns to Paris to try to organise her life, her thoughts and her future. With an interest in the art of locksmiths and a natural talent for it, she takes over her late uncle's shop in the heart of Paris and tries to sort out what she needs to do next. Her marriage to Jason is obviously over, and she is very unsettled as to why her mother behaved the way she did. She knows there are secrets but with her father dead and her brother oblivious to the more emotional parts of her parents lives, she knows she has to try to ferret out what she feels was some hidden mystery and begin to be at peace with herself. What she unravels is something much bigger than she would have imagined and several unexplained mysteries in her life become much clearer.

With several characters who were stories in themselves (Phillipe for one), the Paris setting, the detailed descriptiveness of Paris would influence anyone to make a beeline for this city! and the alternating stories told in alternating time frames all put together make for a book you cannot put down.

Thank you Edelweiss for sending me this book.



8 comments:

  1. This sounds really good. I am intrigued by the setting and I usually enjoy novels with dual stories set in different time periods. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved everything about this one, so glad you loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've noticed this one around. I love the cover, turquoise looks great. Reading through your review makes me realise that this would be a good read, so adding it to my groaning list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been eyeing this one...I love stories set in two time lines, too. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like alternating story lines and Paris so this sounds perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love books set in Paris--and this one has a beautiful cover, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sound good, Mystica! I like stories dual time line books too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This definitely sounds like one for me - I really can't get enough of well-written dual time line stories and combined with a setting in Paris, on the list it goes!

    ReplyDelete