My Blog List

Saturday, July 4, 2015

The Mysterious Disappearance of the Reluctant Tooth Fairy by Elizabeth George



The book was whimsical and ideal for those who like the fantasy genre.

For someone like me expecting the likes of Inspector Lynley and Barbara Travers it was a disappointment!

Jane Shore is a sickly girl. Her early withdrawal from an overwhelming noisy home was her books but she had one ability - to actual wish herself or anyone else for that matter to the place and time in her books. Even to a particular page of a favourite book.

This got Jane lots of friends and finally into a lot of not exactly trouble but a complicated mess when the whole world around her wants to go somewhere!

A bit satirical, a lot of whimsy.

Sent to me by Netgalley courtesy of Open Road Integrated Media.

5 comments:

  1. Mystica, I have always meant to read Elizabeth George, but then that is pretty much the case with so many authors I have missed out on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to start reading this author and actually acquired a few of her books when Kay started reviewing them. I don't think this would be the best one for me to start with though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not much for fantasy so I'll probably skip this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of this. I've only read one of Elizabeth George's mysteries and have always meant to read more by her. I think I might like this one--especially knowing it isn't her usual fare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh - This would be surprising from Elizabeth George if you were accustomed to her mysteries. However, it sounds rather fun. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete