My Blog List

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

DEATH OF AN OUTSIDER by M C BEATON

Death of an Outsider (Hamish Macbeth, #3)


My second M C Beaton read in one week. I am now getting into her style and liking it. Like Hamish our local detective the author is almost laconic in her manner of dealing with murder and mystery.
A completely different style to what I have been used to. 

We have a plodder - a detective in the backwoods of the Highlands. Frowned on by his superior officer Blair who treats him with contempt but is secretly fearful that he will solve the mystery (again) and make Blair the laughing stock of the police force, Hamish goes on his merry way seemingly oblivious to what goes on around him but obviously picking up clues studiously and putting the whole thing together.

I would like the surroundings to be a little more descriptive. I can imagine the Scottish Highlands to be beautiful in their own right but this is a murder right? so the background is just that. 

Light reading and to top it all a nice sized font!

On a non reading note we are back to hot, extremely hot weather. We also bought our wedding sari so that is a major hurdle over. I just hope our bride loves it as much as I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment