My Blog List

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

IN PURSUIT OF THE PROPER SINNER BY ELIZABETH GEORGE


Elizabeth George did not disappoint (again). The fabulously suave, handsome Inspector Lynley along with the frumpy, dumpy DC Barbara Havers and the impish Nkata do it again.

Set amongst beautifully descriptive scenery of the moors - for someone who has never been, unlikely to go it brings every nuance of the moors home to me. We have two horrendous murders and complicated as they come.

Nicola Maiden and Terry Cole found gruesomely murdered. Suspects galore and tell tale bits and pieces all over, it is a kind of a maze where you have to logically deduce to find out who the murderers are.

A fabulous read. Recommended not just to mystery/murder fans. This is a book for all.

4 comments:

  1. As much as I've heard about George's work, I've never tried it. It sounds like I need to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to say I have not read her books! Must remedy that as I've been enjoying some good detective/police procedural books lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read this author and feel like I should remedy that. Sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom loves this author! I have yet to read her and know I should take my mom's recommendation to heart (yours as well)!

    ReplyDelete