My Blog List

Monday, December 6, 2010

Review - Deanna Raybourn's Silent on the Moor




My second read of this author and I loved this book as well. I was actually looking for Dark Road to Darjeeling and found this one. The other book is on order and I think it will take ages to get here and then there will be so many reserves on the book.

The book deals with Lady Julia Grey and the fact that this determined lady is not going to give up on the love of her life Brisbane. Nicholas Brisbane is one of those mysterious heros whom we would all love to meet up! Enigmatic, tough, principled and to top it all with second sight. What more could one ask for. We have the Lady Judith filthy rich, bold for her times, unconventional - a real go getter of course backed by brothers and an influential father who can and has got her out of scrapes before. We have the bleak beautiful moors and the mad, egocentric Allenby family.

A story of daring, adventure, romance - all mixed in one. A very nice read and I do hope the saga has not ended for these two. 465 pages in a very comfortable font.

4 comments: