My Blog List

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Review Agatha Raisin and the Witch of Wyckhadden by M C Beaton


This was my second foray into Agatha Raisin and this is going to be my last. I know it will be heresy for the thousands who love her books but I find the naivety of a middle aged woman a bit too tiring for comfort!

In this one a most implausible story involving Agatha and her search for a permanent love in her life leads her to potions - both love and for the loss of hair, a muddle of murders, mayhem
and mystery but it was for me boring.

Sorry to end this review on such a laid back note but this book did not do anything for me. I did finish it though as that is for me almost a matter of principle.

To all my blog readers a very Happy, Peaceful and Joyful 2011.

3 comments:

  1. Meh, will skip this book.

    Happy new year :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Agatha Raisin, but I have to say that this book was a low point. The series has its ups and downs but I'm still hanging on in there somewhere around book 19.

    But if the stories aren't grabbing you you are doing the right thing saying goodbye. There are too many great books out there to spend time with ones you don't enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a book I can skip. Thank you for your honest assessment. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete