My Blog List

Friday, October 8, 2010

Leaving for Melbourne!

I am going back to Melbourne to visit my children who live there. I hadn't planned this trip at this time of the year and was hoping to go out in January but things don't always go as planned so Sunday sees me flying back.

On a bookish note I have picked Simon of Savidge Reads's idea of reading shorter books - am in the middle of a Susan Hill which I really am enjoying. I did read another of her books and did not like it at all. This one Air and Angels is good. I hope I can finish this one as well as another short book before I leave. I also hope I will be able to put up the reviews as well.

On a quilty note, the piecing of the quilt I started is finished but the basting and actual quilting will have to wait my return.

4 comments:

  1. Safe travels......and enjoy your time in Australia, xv.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time! I wish I could go with you! LOL!

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have/had a wonderful time visiting your children. I won't get to see my son (in college) until winter break and can't wait to see him. It will be almost 6 months, makes me tear up just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete