My Blog List

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Book reading gaps and internet woes

My laptop has crashed, the mainframe computer has crashed and the one in office is painfully slow apart from being in office and not really conducive to blog hopping.

I have not had much reading done - snippets of Georgette Heyer in between stuff.
After an exhausting flight from Melbourne (I really am getting ancient) we now find ourselve readying ourselves for a hop across the Palk Straits to Chennai. Bridal shopping here we come. We need saris, sherwanis, gee gaws by the dozen plus clothes
for relations etc etc. Its a nice bunch. My husband, daughter, myself, my mother and my sister in law. All confirmed shopaholics. They will all shop till they drop.

I intend to get myself to Landmark (bookshop in Chennai) armed with lists and find my books pronto because otherwise I am going to be most unpopular if I dont join in the shopping. I have several books which are must reads - so that will be number one priority.

The food is another thing I look forward to in Chennai. We have a lot of good South Indian restaurants in Colombo but in Chennai it seems somehow just more authentic! Dosas, vadas, iddli and sambhar and alugobhi to die for! plus sweetmeats by the dozen. I need the sweets like a hole in my head but what the heck! we dont do weddings every day.

Books have had to take a back seat to wedding planning and I think it will be like this till end August.

I am visiting all my blog friends however and will post on them. Its just the reading that is not getting done.

5 comments:

  1. Oh no, not a computer crash. I was lost when that happened to me.

    Have fun with all that shopping. I find shopping exhausting now but I used to love it.

    Hopefully you'll manage to find a little reading time in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your computer. I would be lost as well, that I was I have an upstairs and downstairs laptop...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your computer problems. Enjoy your shopping - it sounds like you'll have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your computer. I hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding! :-) All that food sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having computer problems is the worst! It sounds like you've got a lot going on with the wedding. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete